The lac-based products are commonly found in India. The descriptions of the lack of insect are given in the Atharva Veda about the host papas. The Hindu manuscripts contain all the details about the lac, which has been existing for more than thousands of years in India. It was used as medicine during those times. There are thousands of uses of shellac in so many fields. It is considered as one of the most essential components for any manufacturing industries. There are so many uses of shellac such as dyes which are used to colour the fabrics and is popularly used for colouring carpets in these days, it is used as a vital element in the rubber compounds, in sealing wax, gasket cement, used as a mould for plating in dental care centres, as printing inks and many more.
Shellac is a common component which is used to make lipstick and makeup products. It is an essential additive in cosmetic products. It is even found in hair lacquer. You will get fascinated by the uses of Shellac in different places. The products abilities are improved if it binds with shellac. Shellac is also used to give a finished look to the playing cards, which becomes stronger and cannot be easily torn while playing.
The shellac is also used in excellent products. The Shellac wax is used to make the fruits and vegetables shinier and more attractive, so it is eye-catching. Shellac is very useful for any industry. So many industries are using the high-quality shellac which is safe and branded. The cosmetics products such as hair sprays contain shellac-based material, which makes your hair shinier and bouncier in appearance. Shellac is also used to manufacture drugs and medicines. Many vitamins, pills and other supplements are coated with shellac colour this makes the tablet much smoother so it slides down to your throat easily. Shellac is used to give authentic finishing touch to your wood furniture. Shellac keeps your wood strong and durable. It also increases the shelf life of your wood.
Which industries use the Shellac wax?
There are many industries which consider shellac as the most essential products for their manufacturing centres. The workers must know the correct use and application of shellac. So here are some industries and domestic fields which use shellac as its main constituent:
- Film Industry – Shellac is used for polishing set, undercoat, metal foil, as a varnish and enamel.
- Cosmetic Industry – Shellac is used in cosmetics and other makeup products. It is also use in manicure where the nail lacquer which contains the base of shellac is applied on nails. The nail lacquer stays for a long time. It is also used in to make different shades of eyeshadows.
- Wood and Furniture Industry – The wood and furniture are coated with varnish or paints which are made with the application of shellac in the colouring industries. It gives a protective layer to the furniture and also increases its shelf life.
- Cotton and Textile Industry – The cotton fabrics and silk fabrics are dyed with the different colorants. These are made with the help of shellac wax. The fabrics become much stronger and durable for a long time.
- Ink Manufacturing Industries – The ink is also made with the help of shellac. The huge concentration of shellac gives the dark colour of the ink. The production of different inks such as lithographic ink, waterproof ink and coloured ink.
- Shoe Manufacturing Industries – The shoe manufacturers use shellac varnish to give the excellent shine to the shoes. This makes the shoes much stronger and finer in appearance.